Farnell, has signed a global distribution agreement with Seeed Studio, a leading provider of innovative open-source hardware and software products. The entire Seeed product range has been added to Farnell’s portfolio, offering customers access to cutting-edge technologies that will enable them to see their Internet of Things (IoT) ideas rapidly become productive real-world applications.
California-based Seeed Studio is an innovative IoT technology company which specialises in hardware research, production and sales for edge computing, network communication and smart sensing applications. Farnell customers will benefit from flexible customisation options and low minimum order quantity (MOQ) requirements, enabling them to tailor Seeed products to precisely match their specific requirements.
Seeed Studio is known for collaborating with its partners such as Raspberry Pi and Nvidia to offer innovative solutions to its customers. Farnell customers will now have access to a wide array of ground-breaking products from Seeed Studio, including the Nvidia Jetson-powered reComputer; Raspberry Pi CM4 powered reTerminal; and Edgebox industrial controllers. Farnell will also supply XIAO MCUs and the popular Grove range of modular, standardised connector prototyping systems, further expanding the choice and versatility available to their global customer base.
Key Seeed Studio products now available from Farnell include:
- reComputer for Jetson series compact edge computers built with NVIDIA® Jetson™ advanced AI embedded systems with rich extension interfaces, thermal management, pre-installed Jetpack, all combined with decades of Seeed’s hardware expertise, helping to deliver seamless AI integration.
- Raspberry Pi CM4 powered reTerminal is a modular Human-Machine-Interface (HMI) facility, offering multiple interfaces and components. It is a hand-sized powerful, Raspberry Pi-based all-in-one board, helping designers to develop individual IoT and AI projects for use in industrial applications.
- Edgebox Industrial Controllers are a lightweight industrial edge controller series defined as an OT-IT Bridge in industrial automation scenarios, integrating PLC/PAC, IPC, IIOT gateway, OPC UA Server and HMI (Edgelogix-RPi-1000), functioning as one. Edge series devices can be used from compact industrial edge controllers to modular versions.
- Seeed Studio XIAO is a thumb-sized, yet powerful development board empowered by powerful and popular chips such as SAMD21, nRF52840, and ESP32C3 making it possible to address a wide range of applications. XIAO boards are compact with all SMD components placed on the same side of the board offering simple integration into customer’s designs and reducing time to market.
- The Grove System is a standardised modular connector prototyping system that simplifies the process of connecting, experimenting and building electronic projects by using standardised connectors and can be connected to platforms like Raspberry Pi or Arduino using a cable converter, providing a more accessible and convenient way to prototype and build real electronic systems.
Romain Soreau, Head of Single Board Computing at Farnell, said, “This new partnership with Seeed Studio is an exciting milestone for Farnell signalling the continued expansion of our product offering. Seeed is renowned for innovation, and we are thrilled to add their entire range to our product portfolio. This collaboration enables us to better serve our customers by increasing our inventory to provide them with a variety of the advanced tools they need to turn their innovative ideas into reality.”
Eric Pan, Founder and CEO at Seeed Studio, commented on the collaboration, “We’re excited to partner with Farnell, a renowned leader in the electronics industry, to bring our advanced perception system to more industrial users. This collaboration aligns perfectly with Seeed Studio’s mission to empower innovators with open technologies!”
Seeed supports global developers to employ IoT solutions in industrial settings for very diverse uses such as vineyards, packaging, retail, tea plantations, healthcare, husbandry, and research.
The entire Seeed Studio product range is now available from stock at Farnell in EMEA.