For more than five decades, health and safety practitioners have turned to noise monitoring equipment such as handheld sound level meters and personal noise dosimeters to assess noise levels in the workplace. However, with more and more businesses choosing to operate from multiple sites as opposed to across one site, it’s possible that these more traditional methods of noise measurement and monitoring may no longer be the most efficient.
Quantum; the future of noise measurement
Quantum Indoor from Cirrus Research is a powerful remote noise monitoring solution with built-in cloud connectivity, perfect for continuous occupational noise monitoring, identifying the source and type of noise that is occurring, and highlighting where noise control measures are required.
With this instrument, it has never been easier to measure and monitor workplace noise continuously and remotely across one or multiple sites.
Quantum provides health and safety practitioners with the power to create a network of interconnected instruments, where they can view and assess all noise data from numerous noise monitors on one platform, the option to view their data and status of monitors anywhere, at any time, on any device thanks to the Quantum portal powered by MyCirrus, and save time on travel by not having to physically be on-site to measure noise levels.
With Quantum Indoor, you can:
- Link multiple units to form a cloud-connected network of noise monitors to make viewing the full picture of your workplace noise impacts easier.
- View your live and historical data in the Quantum portal anytime, anywhere around the world on any device.
- Create numerous audio triggers and notifications based on your personal set of conditions for acceptable noise emissions, and receive these notifications via email, SMS or push notification.
- Use the frequency analysis screen on the Quantum portal to further view and analyse your noise data and better understand the exact nature of the noise.
- Create detailed reports directly though the Quantum portal based on direct data captured by your Quantum Indoor units.
Who is it for and where can I use it?
Quantum’s acoustic monitoring capabilities are suitable for a wide range of applications from health and safety to smart buildings. It is ideal for use in factories and warehouses in the following ways:
- To monitor workplace noise at workstations, and in difficult to access places to assess the need for hearing protection and conservation.
- For developing smart building acoustics where understanding sound leads to improved employee comfort, or helps give insights into real estate usage and how to optimise the use of space.
- For condition checking of machinery, by monitoring sound levels continuously it becomes easier and quicker to identify changes in performance and detect any maintenance issues.
- To monitor sound levels continuously inside properties affected by noise to understand when noise complaints occur and why.
The Quantum Portal; powered by MyCirrus
With the Quantum Portal there are no fixed fees or set up charges. With Cirrus Research, users are offered subscription packages that are flexible to fit in with your noise monitoring programme and your preferred level of usage. These flexible plans means that you have the ability to change your subscription up or down on a monthly basis.
Powered by MyCirrus, this portal is suitable for all Quantum noise monitoring devices, and can also be used with other instruments such as the Cirrus Research Environmental Noise Measurement Kits.
Complement your existing noise management programme
With the ability to provide a greater level of control, make more intelligent decisions and reduce the need for unnecessary travel between multiple workplaces, Quantum Indoor is the perfect cloud-based noise monitoring instrument to complement your existing noise management programme.
Say “hello” to Quantum today and speak to the Cirrus Research noise experts to learn more.